Our goal is to help our clients find healing and build a brighter future through professional therapeutic interventions. We believe every child is an individual of worth, entitled to God's gift of wholeness of life.
We are seeking qualified candidates for Permanent Part-Time Weekend Youth Counselors for the Independent Living Program in Lexington for all shifts. Youth Counselors provide direct care and supervision for the youth. Dependable, self-motivated persons are highly desired. Must be 21 years of age. Minimum qualifications include Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field or high school diploma or GED with 1 year experience working with at-risk youth or other social services field, a valid Kentucky Driver's License and must submit to extensive background.
To find out more, read our job descriptions.
To apply, download an application, complete a brief prescreen questionnaire and send your application and/or resume to HumanResources@kyumh.org. To apply through CareerBuilder, visit careerbuilder.com.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Manages a caseload of clients who would benefit from counseling services.
• Engages clients and their families in counseling, skills training and assessment services. Facilitates family, individual, and group counseling, skill training, and education programs.
• Provides services at the Kentucky United Methodist Home Community Counseling Center located on the Mary Kendall Campus in Owensboro, Kentucky. You may at times conduct therapy in client homes to ensure client obtains all benefits and services necessary to be successful in completing all treatment plan initiatives.
• Documents contact with clients in order to assess needs, maintain required paperwork and engagement.
• Ability to accurately perform assessments and diagnoses with people presenting with behavioral health / mental health issues under clinical supervision.
• Ability to provide client walk-in services as related to the service needs of clients.
• Ability to facilitate referral process to assure continuity of care across programs at Kentucky United Methodist Home - Mary Kendall Campus.
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and competence in adjusting to clientele, including adults and families, with varying degrees of traumatic experiences and complex psychological presentations.
• Ability to address a variety of diverse spiritual, emotional, and social needs using a trauma-informed care approach while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and cultural awareness.
• Collaborates with court/probation, community agencies, families and other natural support systems to ensure client’s needs are met. Develops a strong working relationship with community partners.
• Complete comprehensive assessments and assessment updates, treatment plans and updates, therapy notes and all other required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Participation in all required KYUMH trainings.
• Abide by all applicable policies, procedures, and program standards of Kentucky United Methodist Home, Kentucky Cabinet; DCBS; OIG and other pertinent regulatory authorities.
• Therapist will uphold and advance the values, ethics, knowledge, and mission of their profession/discipline while promoting the highest standards of practice.
• Provide a positive role model to clients and staff through leadership, self-discipline, and genuine care for the treatment of clients. All clients and staff members must be treated with dignity and respect.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or clinical director.
A Youth Care Worker provides nurturing, therapeutic support and supervision of our children and youth throughout the course of all daily activities and responsibilities.
We are currently hiring for both full-time, part-time and substitute positions.
The responsibilities of this position include:
To find out more, read the full job description.
Mail: Send your resume and application to:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 930
Nicholasville, KY 40340-9800
We are seeking a permanent part-time cook (15 – 18 hours per week; evenings and weekends) and PRN cooks. Applicants must be 21 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and a valid driver’s license.
Applications may be obtained from our Administration office at 201 Phillips Court, Owensboro, between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday.