It is the policy of KYUMH that the Advancement Department staff will respect the privacy of all donors and will safeguard the confidentiality of personal information which a donor would reasonably expect to be held private.
1. Donors’ personal information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, giving history, etc.) will not be leased, sold, rented or exchanged.
2. Staff members will not discuss any information about donors or prospects outside the work environment, and they discuss it within the work environment only as appropriate.
3. Staff members will honor and protect all donors’ rights to anonymity. Donors requesting to remain anonymous are informed of the agency’s policies regarding access to such information, especially who is to have knowledge of the donor’s identity.
4. Staff members will ensure that donor and prospective donor information is collected lawfully and presented factually.
5. Staff members will be respectful of the fact that information collected about donors and prospective donors is the sole property of KYUMH and will not be transferred or utilized except on behalf of the agency.
6. Staff members will strive to balance the obligation of KYUMH to collect, record, and make public information within the right of donors and prospective donors to privacy.
7. Staff members will seek and record only information that is relevant to the fundraising efforts of KYUMH.
8. Staff members will ensure that donor information, including research about prospective donors, is stored securely to prevent access by unauthorized persons.
9. KYUMH will honor all requests by donors to curtail repeated mailings, telephone solicitations from in-house lists, and/or personal visits.
10. Donors contributing to the Honors and Memorials Program, giving clubs, or other specific campaigns give implied consent to disclose their name only, unless they have specifically asked to opt out or wish to remain anonymous.
You can see what data we have about you, and request a revision or correction of that data at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (859) 523-3001.